Policies and Safety
Suicide and self-injury
At Mockering, we attach great importance to the health and well-being of all creators and viewers. Recognition and understanding of mental health is very important. We support creators to share their stories, such as posting content to discuss their experiences with depression, self-harm or other mental health problems.
However, we do not allow content on Mockering that incites suicide, self-harm, or content that is intended to shock or objection.
What should I do if I find the content
If you find someone expressing suicidal thoughts or engaging in self-harm, please contact your local emergency service immediately for help, and mark the video to get our attention immediately.
What if you need support
If you feel depressed, suicide or self-harm, please let us know that it helps and you are not alone. Many people turn to suicidal thinking and self-harm in response to painful emotions. Talking to an expert can help you determine healthy and effective coping strategies and develop skills to deal with difficult emotions.
The following is a list of suicide prevention organizations dedicated to helping people in need in different countries and regions. The websites www.befrienders.org and suicide.org also have extensive lists of organizations.
If you are looking for educational resources on self-harm, please visit the following website:
- Please visit www.selfinjury.com: S.A.F.E Alternatives is a network and educational resource library dedicated to helping end self-injury behavior.
- Please visit www.sioutreach.org: SiOS is an outreach program that provides information and resources about self-harm to people who self-harm, recoveries, and those who want to help.
Guidelines for publishing mental health related content
Mockering users should not be afraid to talk publicly about mental health or self-harm topics. However, if the content meets any of the following instructions, please do not post on Mockering:
- Promote or glorify suicide
- Provide instructions on how to self-harm or die by suicide
- Self-harming graphic images posted to shocked or offensive viewers
- This Community Guidelines policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams, and any other Mockering products or features. Please note that this is not a complete list.
What if the content violates this policy?
If your content violates this policy, we will delete the content and send you an email to let you know. If you violate our Community Guidelines for the first time, you will receive a warning, but it will not cause any damage to your account. If not, we will issue a warning to your account. If you receive 3 strikes, your account will be terminated. You can learn more about our strike system here.